Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the U.S., after arthritis and
heart disease. Hearing loss is also very treatable — and more successful when started early. If you suspect you have hearing loss, here are 10 reasons why you should schedule a hearing test and
find out for sure.
1. A hearing test is painless, frequently free and should take less than an hour.
2. Untreated hearing loss increases your chance of developing dementia.
3. Hearing loss may be an early warning sign or red flag for other health conditions including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
4. If your hearing test shows your hearing is normal, you can tell your mumbling teenage kids or grand kids it is them (and not you).
5. The Mayo Clinic recommends baseline hearing tests for adults.
6. Untreated hearing loss increases your chance of falling.
7. Treating hearing loss with hearing aids is proven to reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
8. Untreated hearing loss is known to contribute to depression and social isolation.
9. Hearing loss treatment has been shown to improve earning power.
10. Because you’re proactive about your health and care about your quality of life!